Bangladesh Medical College .The College is recognized by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council since 1986. BMC has been enlisted in the World Directory of Medical Schools with effective in 1995 published by World Health Organization which entitles the graduates of BMC recognition all over the world. Graduates of BMC are eligible for limited registration with the General Medical Council of United Kingdom. They are also eligible to take the United States Medical License Examinations (USMLE).
House # 34/35, Road # 14/A (New), Dhanmondi R/A, Dhaka-1209.
The College and the attached Hospital in Dhanmondi are accommodated in three 6 storied buildings with arrangements for 600 inpatients. The new building of the Hospital, called the Community Welfare and Health Care Centre (CWHCC), was built to inernational standards. It has an excellent Outpatient Department in addition to Inpatient facilities. The College also has a Modern Accident and Emergency Department.
Total 120 seat. The admission quota is as follows:
1. 50% seats for local students, out of which 5% seats for poor & meritorious, 2% seats for freedom fighter; rest 38% seats are on the basis of national merit
Max 40% seats for Foreign students.
Bangladesh Medical College Admission Fee:
For local students = 16,20,000 (Sixteen Lacs twenty thousand Taka)
Internee Fee = 1,80,000 (One Lac eighty thousand Taka)
Tuition Fee = (8,000 X 60 months) = 4,80,000 (Four Lacs eighty thousand Taka)
Total Amount to be paid during admission = 18,16,000 (Eighten lac Sixten Thousand Taka)
Grand Total = 22,80,000 (Twenty two Lacs eighty thousand Taka)
For Foreign Students:
- Total US $ 49,000 (US dollars forty nine thousand only)
US $ 25,000 (US dollars twenty five thousand) at the time of admission
US $ 24,000 (US dollars twenty four thousand) to be paid in four equal installments at the end of each year.
Fees (Foreign Students):
Single Room (Ac) US $190.00/Month
Double Room (Ac) US $180/Month
Triple/4 Beded Room (AC) US $170.00/Month
All Non (Ac) Room (Single, Double, Triple Others) US $160/Month
- Accommodation (Full Furnished)ie a)Bed, Furniture
- Free Wi-Fi Service
- Washing Machine
- Air Condition Room/No Air Condition Room
- Security Service (24 hours)
- 24 hours attendent
- CCTV, Coverage for security and safety.
Admission process :
For local students-as govt. Notice
For Foreign Students:
- Your eligibility criteria for admission to MBBS course:
- O-level (Equivalent to SSC) certificate: Minimum 5 subjects
- A-level (Equivalent to HSC) Certificate: Must have Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- USA 12 grade completion certificate: Must have Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Minimum GPA (After equivalency with SSC & HSC)= 7 (seven)
- Minimum GPA in Biology= 3.5
2. You have to undergo in the following steps if you decide to get admitted into BMC.
a. Get the photocopies of the following documents attested from the foreign ministry of your country:
i. School/College graduation certificates
iii. School leaving certificate (Testimonial)
iv. Copy of Passport
v. Two passport size photographs of applicant
b. Download ‘MBBS admission form’ from the website of Bangladesh Foreign Ministry(www.mofa.gov.bd) and fill it up. You must mention your medical college of choice.
c. Pay $60 (Subject to change) in any bank of your country in favor of DGHS and get the receipt. (For more info. Visit www.dghs.gov.org)
d. Deposit your attested documents, bank receipt and filled admission form to Bangladesh Embassy of your country for processing of Grade Equivalency and permission from Government of Bangladesh. You can do this job by yourself or by an agent.
e. Send copies of your certificates, mark sheets, passport and a letter of intention to Bangladesh Medical College office (Email or post) for advance booking of your seat
3. Having received the permission letter of Ministry of Foreign Affairs and grade equivalency of your certificates, Bangladesh Medical College (BMC) office would inform you and proceed with your admission.
4. Admission fee structure for the session as follows (change might occur according to the decision of Governing Body).a. $25,000 down payment b. $6,000/year x 4 (Mode of payment would be informed)
Course and Curriculum:
Google Map Location:
Bangladesh Medical College